Sure, there are the obvious ways of showing your team spirit—tailgating, wearing your favorite player’s jersey, or painting your face—but who wants to be just an average supporter anymore? Here are some unexpected ways to show exactly how much you love your team.
- Many credit and debit cards, as well as the less used personal check, allow you to personalize the image. Why not choose a photo of you at your favorite stadium? Or your team’s logo? Show a little bit of your team pride every time you spend money.
- How many t-shirts do you have commemorating games you have attended, wins (or losses), favorite team members, etc.? How about ticket stubs you have kept for the memories? Instead of letting them sit in the back drawer gathering dust, why not make a blanket with them? You can use the front and back of each shirt for a large part of the fabric. There are many tutorials for transferring images onto fabric, so you can take a picture or photocopy of your ticket, enlarge the image, and put it on display for all to see! And, bonus: it’ll keep you warm at all the cold games.
- Sew or hot glue small pompoms with your teams colors on the fingertips of your gloves, and show your spirit fingers without letting your hands get cold!
- Display your tech preferences everywhere you go! Bumper stickers are a great way to do this, but can sometimes become a bit tacky after being left in the weather for so long. However, there are types called “domed stickers”, which have a clear, flexible bubble over the top that keeps the stickers safe from weather, scratching, fading, or tearing. They are also customizable so you can display whatever saying, picture, or team name you want! Combine that with car flags and you’re good to go.
- Is your family or group of friends musically inclined? Create your own marching band, play the fight song, and perform an amazing halftime show for your neighbors.
- Wreaths are an expected ornament at Christmas time as well as for other holidays throughout the year. So why not for game days? Make or buy a wreath in your team’s colors, then adorn it with the team logo or mascot. If you are a house divided, create half of the wreath in the colors of each team supported. Display it proudly on your door to let everyone who drives by know that the big game is on!
- You can also show your team spirit by dressing up as your favorite athlete for Halloween, serving food in team colors when you are watching the game at home, or dedicating an entire room in your home for team paraphernalia, merchandise, and décor.
- Sometimes ticket and merchandise sales just are not enough to pay for jerseys, stadium renovations, scholarships, or other equipment needed by the team, and the best way to show your support of the team is to donate money. It does not need to be a lot, but every little bit helps.
With these ideas up your sleeve, there will not be a single person around who will doubt what team you support!
Connor Adkins enjoys helping people stay fit and healthy. He enjoys spending time with his wife and three children. For more information on domed stickers check out DomeTag.
Photo Credits: Wikipedia
Giving the Gift of Fandom!
Sports Memorabilia – Decoration and Pride!
Reblogged this on PUHHAC.
Pingback: The Sports Archives – What Makes American Sport Such a Spectacle? | The Sports Archives Blog
Pingback: The Sports Archives – Denver’s Top Sporting Mascots! | The Sports Archives Blog