Throwing any type of party can be a challenge, but when you need to keep both children and adults happy, it can become even more difficult. Don’t let this put you off, though. Parties whereby all ages are having fun and enjoying themselves are some of the best days you will have, providing you with memories you will cherish forever. With that in mind, read on to discover some top tips on hosting a party that both children and adults will love.
- Plan an activity – There are plenty of fun activities that are suitable for all ages. This is one of the easiest ways to ensure that everyone has a good time. For example, why not throw a paintballing party? Companies offering axe throwing provide their services for both adults and kids. This is a great way to get everyone laughing and enjoying themselves. Plus, the children will love the chance to beat the adults! Other options include theme parks, water parks, rock climbing, and activity centres.
- Keep the food simple – Getting the food right can be difficult when you are catering to both adults and children. The best thing to do is keep things simple. Bake comforting family favourites and put on a buffet. Plus, make sure there is plenty of finger food, enabling everyone to eat at his or her leisure. Why not ask your guests to bring a dish each with them? Not only does this take the weight off your shoulders, but also it is a sure-fire way to make sure that there is going to be something that everyone likes.
- Choose a general theme to build around – Themes make parties a lot easier. Of course, you can’t choose adult themes, and you definitely don’t want to make everyone come as a pirate or princess. However, there are plenty of general themes that can be suited to both children and adults, for example, an event, season, holiday, or topic. If you are hosting a party in the summer, one of the best options to go for is a beach party or a tropical themed event. Perhaps you could have a Hawaiian BBQ and give everyone a flower necklace when they arrive?
- Keep children occupied with toys and activities – Of course, children are going to need a bit more attention than adults. Adults are quite happy to keep themselves busy with good conversation during any lulls while you are cooking or organising something. Children aren’t so patient. The best thing to do in this case is ensure that there are plenty of toys available.
- But, make sure the kids’ activities don’t require a lot of adult assistance – Last but not least, while it is important to keep the children busy, you should not choose activities that are going to require a lot of adult help. After all, the adults are meant to be enjoying themselves too. It may be a good idea to hire a babysitter or someone else that can assist with looking after the children.